1) Primary Task Response: The discussion assignment for this week will be a review of the Key Assignment Draft from other students. Your first task is to post your Key Assignment draft to the discussion area so that other students will be able to review your work. Attach your document to your main discussion post, and include any notes that you feel are appropriate in the post. You are not being graded on your Key Assignment Draft at this point. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of your Key Assignment. In your submission, include bullet points on what you plan to cover in section IV of your Quality Control Manual, “Quality Tactics and the Logistics and Supply Chain functions.”
2) Key Assignment Draft
The Key Assignment first draft should contain material from Weeks 1–4 and should be 1,250–1,600 words.
For this unit’s assignment, you are to add the following section to your draft:
Quality Tactics and the Logistics and Supply Chain Functions (300–400 words)
· Identify what tools are applicable internally and why
· Identify and explain what tools are applicable externally with vendors
· Include your cited references from three new sources
Quality Control Manual
This first draft represents Part 1 of the Key Assignment. You should treat it as a finished document in terms of grammar, formatting, all necessary sections, and complete content. If you do a good enough job in the first draft, no changes will be needed for Part 1 in the Key Assignment final draft.
This course is comprised of a series of Individual Project assignments that will contribute to a Key Assignment submission at the end of the course. Each week, you will complete a part of a Quality Training Manual. You will select an organization and apply your research to the development of the Quality Training Manual that is meant for the logistics and supply chain management departments.The project deliverables are as follows:
· Quality Control Manual
· Use Word
· Title page
· Course number and name
· Project name
· Your name
· Table of Contents (TOC)
· This should be on a separate page.
· This should be a maximum of 3 levels deep.
· If you are using an autogenerated TOC, be sure to update the fields of the TOC before submitting your project.
· Section Headings
4. Week 1: Introduction
1. History of the quality management evolution
1. Why it is needed
4. Week 2: The Role of Leadership
2. Why it is a strategic issue
2. Management as a role model
2. New kinds of metrics
4. Week 3: General Quality Strategies and Tools
3. Establishing customer expectations
3. Designing quality in
3. Defining metrics
3. Six Sigma
4. Week 4: Quality Tactics and the Logistics and Supply Chain Functions (300–400 words)
4. What tools are applicable internally
4. What tools are applicable externally with vendors