In this assignment, you will put together a two-part hazardous waste summary. Part I should be composed of the information below.
· Identify the sources and characteristics of hazardous and household hazardous waste (HHW). You may create a small graphic or chart (no larger than half a page) that contains this information as long as the information is clear and complete.
· Discuss the major regulations that pertain to hazardous and HHW.
· Summarize three hazardous waste treatment options.
· Discuss how restoration of contaminated land and brownfield redevelopment can be used to mitigate the effects of improper hazardous waste disposal.
In Part II of your project, you will then relate this knowledge to your own circumstances. Part II should be composed of the information below.
· Describe the process of disposing HHW in your own home, and identify potential areas for improvement.
· Describe how hazardous waste has been handled in your current or former workplace, and identify potential areas for improvement.
You will combine Parts I and II into one document to be submitted to Blackboard. Your final product must be at least three pages in length, not counting the title or reference pages. You must use at least three sources, one of which may be your textbook, to support your project. Adhere to APA guidelines when creating citations and references for this assignment.