1. Explain your current understanding of effective assessment practices including the difference between summative and formative assessment and including the concepts of reliability, validity, and fairness.
2. Write about your belief in the worth of large-scale standardized tests and distinguish between norm-referenced and criterion-referenced varieties. How would you compare them with performance assessments (PBA or PBL) and formal observations?
4. Explain your understanding of appropriate and inappropriate test preparation and on your understanding of the practice of "teaching to the test," as well as ways to make it engaging and reduce test anxiety.
5. In a few sentences, give your understanding of the Response to Intervention progress-monitoring process and how it informs student tier placement.
6. Describe your beliefs in fair grading practices, including giving extra credit, allowing do-overs, assigning zeros for cheating or work not handed in, and the concept of giving exemplars, drafts, feedback, and student-friendly rubrics.