· Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2015). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry (11th ed.). Wolters Kluwer.
· Chapter 12, “Dissociative Disorders”
· Osmosis. (2017, November 20). [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/XF2zeOdE5GYLinks to an external site.
· Mad Medicine. (2019, August 18). [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/Iz03M9pwhs0Links to an external site.
· Grande, T. (2018, October 22). . [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqTP0CP9aDk
· Review this week’s Learning Resources on dissociative disorders.
· Locate at least three scholarly articles that you can use to support your Assignment.
THE ASSIGNMENT (2–3 PAGES)
· Explain the controversy that surrounds dissociative disorders.
· Explain your professional beliefs about dissociative disorders, supporting your rationale with at least three scholarly references from the literature.
· Explain strategies for maintaining the therapeutic relationship with a client that may present with a dissociative disorder.
· Finally, explain ethical and legal considerations related to dissociative disorders that you need to bring to your practice and why they are important.