TV as Art
· Textbook: Chapter 13, 14
· Minimum of 1 primary or scholarly source (from actor/director or critic – either will count as your scholarly source requirement for discussions)
Initial Post Instructions
Many people would say that the 1999 premier of The Sopranos was a turning point in the development of television as an art form. Choose a television or streaming show that you feel perpetuates the idea that television is indeed a form of art. For the initial post, address the following:
· Include the name of the show and the director.
· Explain why you think this program is art.
· What impact does the example have on viewers' lives?
· What were some influences of this work?
· Include a statement from an actor, director, or critic of the program that supports your points.
CO 1: Identify the content, forms, and/or techniques of work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 2: Analyze the content, forms, and/or techniques of a work of art (e.g., architecture, fine art, literature, and/or drama).
CO 3: Explain the historical/cultural/social context in which a work was created.
CO 6: Examine the relationship between aesthetics, art, and life.