- Synthesize research in the field of organizational behavior management.
- Apply assessment techniques to develop interventions used in organizational behavior management.
- Communicate in a professional manner consistent with the field of behavior analysis.
In this assignment, you will conduct a workplace assessment to demonstrate your skill in identifying and assessing behavioral issues in the workplace.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Conduct a Workplace Assessment
For this part:
- Identify a workplace that presents an OBM issue. This may be the organization where you work, or an organization for which you have access and are able to conduct an assessment interview.
- If neither of these situations apply, with the consent of your instructor, you may use the Workplace Issue Scenario media.
- If you are also enrolled in the PSY6315, you are permitted to use the same organization/site for this assignment and your systems analysis assignment.
- Describe clearly and objectively the behaviors associated with the workplace issue you will be investigating.
- Select a performance-level assessment tool (PDC, PDC-HR, PDC-S) based on your knowledge of the situation or behaviors, and your knowledge of assessment tools and best evidence-based practices. Conduct the assessment. Be prepared to defend your choice of assessment tools in your assessment report.
Write an Assessment Report
For this part:
- Describe the workplace, the presenting situation or behavior, and your initial analysis of the workplace performance issue. What about this situation lead you to believe it could be addressed by OBM methods?
- Identify the assessment tool you used to conduct the assessment, and justify your choice with references to the presenting situation and to the professional literature. If you used the Workplace Issue Scenario, evaluate the assessment tool that was used in the scenario.
- Analyze results from the assessment. Comment on the usefulness of the assessment tool you chose.
- Hypothesize the cause of the workplace issue, based on your analysis of the assessment results.
Use the SafeAssign Draft option to check your writing and ensure that you have paraphrased, quoted, and cited your sources appropriately. Run a SafeAssign report, saving your paper as a draft. Based on your SafeAssign results, make any necessary changes to your paper before submitting your assignment to your instructor for grading. When you are ready, submit your assignment to the assignment area for grading.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- References: At least three scholarly resources. One reference may be a scholarly text.
- Length of paper: 35 typed, double-spaced pages, in addition to a title page and a references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.