1. Review the video of the persuasive speech that you delivered in Unit 3 as well as the feedback that you have received.
2. Take notes as you review the video and the feedback, considering edits that you should make to your speech.
3. Based on your notes, revise your speech, adjusting the content, language, and approach to delivery as needed.
4. Think of an effective way to incorporate at least one visual aid that will be relevant to your purpose and message and will enhance your speech.
5. Create a new set of notes or bullet points that you can refer to while filming your speech.
6. Practice presenting your speech, focusing on your voice, your nonverbal communication, and your use of one or more visual aids. Aim for a speech 3-5 minutes in length.
7. Before filming, review the rubric to ensure that you understand how you will be evaluated.
8. Film yourself presenting the speech. Be sure that you can be easily seen and heard, and direct your speech to the camera.
9. Review your video, be sure that you can be easily seen and heard, and that you have directed your speech to the camera. Refilm as needed.
10. Review the checklist and requirements to ensure that your Touchstone is complete.
11. Upload your video using the blue button at the top of this page.