- Use attached 10-k report for Apple inc.
- Answer all questions below and do NOT cut and paste from the 10-K.
- Use your own words to answer.
- This week’s discussion assists in your preparation of the report due next week on the Statement of Cash Flows for your SEC 10-K company.
Review the Statement of Cash Flows for your SEC 10-K company and briefly describe what you discover for each of the items listed below.
Category: Operating Activities
- Net income and total cash provided by (or used by) operating activities: List each of these two values.
- What are the items of significance between net income and total for operating activities?
- Is the business providing cash flow from operations?
Category: Investing and Financing Activities
- Describe significant long-term assets (type and dollar amount) purchased, sold, or retired during the current period and last year (the value will be a line item on the Statement of Cash Flows).
- Describe significant financing activities the corporation uses to increase cash (or other assets): These would be related to long-term liabilities and stockholders’ equity.
- As you review your work for the Investing and Financing sections, verify these values account for the total cash provided by or used by the section.
- Overall Cash Flow (total of three sections): Explain how the total cash flow changed yearly for the three years presented in the Statement of Cash Flows.