- Review the Learning Resources on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Explore Ellas case in the Social Work Case Studies media in the Learning Resources. Reflect on potential responses to their disclosure of gender identity. Consider other reactions to an adolescent questioning their sexual or gender identity and how those reactions might affect the adolescent.
- Reflect on how you as a social worker could help adolescents who are questioning.
BY DAY 3
Post your answers to the following questions:
- How might potential reactions to an adolescents questioning of their sexual identity or gender role impact their social environment, behavior, and self-esteem?
- As a social worker, what role can you play in assuring the best outcomes for these adolescents?
Please use the Learning Resources to support your analysis.