Explore policies and regulations related to health insurance and examine different factors that impact patient access. In this assignment, you will explore health insurance, how it works, and the challenges in accessing healthcare to communicate the benefits of coverage to patients and families.
Write a 23 page paper in which you:
- Analyze the benefits of health insurance on access to care, including two examples of the benefits of having insurance.
- Evaluate barriers to accessing healthcare, including two examples of barriers and recommendations for their removal.
- Summarize the Affordable Care Act including two provisions that affect patient care.
- In addition to the textbook, provide two sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and valid. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the or review .
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Analyze initiatives and challenges associated with accessing health care.