Skip to content
- Interview a leader of your choice who has experience with creating and managing budgets, and write a 3-5 page analysis of your findings from the interview.
Note: Complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
Business acumen, including financial management skills, is a key competency for nurse leaders, and a primary responsibility for many is the development and management of operating and capital budgets.
- Your analysis should be 35 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page.
- Portfolio Prompt:
- Competencies Measured
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Develop a plan for managing the labor force, within the parameters of the budget and productivity.
- Evaluate a nurse leader’s approach to budget management.
- Competency 3: Develop a capital budget.
- Compare the process of managing an operating budget to that of managing a capital budget.
- Competency 4: Determine the equipment and services needed to maintain seamless patient or client care.
- Describe the process of allocating resources for labor, equipment, and services.
- Competency 5: Apply financial principles to a strategic plan for achieving organizational goals and fiscal success.
- Describe an effective approach that contributes to planning for profitability and fiscal success.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
- Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar and mechanics.
- Integrate relevant and credible sources of evidence to support your assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.