For the Unit I Essay, explain the learner-guided approach to training and its effectiveness in meeting organizational training needs. Within your essay, address the points below.
· Describe training guides, self-directed learning strategies, and the use of smart technology.
· Describe two to three methods for organizations to harness the use of self-directed training. Why is this important?
· Explain how technology can be used to enhance the learner-guided approach to training. Select a field of study that interests you, and provide an example of technology being used to enhance the learner-guided approach in that field.
Your essay must be at least two pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. You are required to use at least one outside source to support your explanation. All sources used, including required unit resources, must be cited and referenced according to APA standards.
Imagine that you work for a global automobile manufacturer as a lead training and development associate. The head of human resources (HR) has had meetings with various departments, and a training need was identified by the sales department. Sales have dropped considerably in the last quarter, and through a training needs analysis, it was shown that sales associates lack the proper knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to effectively sell automobiles to various car dealerships in the United States and abroad.
The head of HR has asked that you give him or her a presentation on which major training theory you would recommend to apply to this scenario to equip the sales associates with the necessary skills to increase sales.
Select one training theory. This can be any of the four discussed in this unit or a training theory of your choice that interests you. Then, in your PowerPoint presentation, include the elements listed below.
· Discuss the training theory and its primary tenets.
· Explain why you recommend this theory.
· Discuss two to three activities that you would build from this theory. For example, if you chose action theory, you may create group activities where sales associates run through sales scenarios with each other to see what works and what does not. Feel free to be as creative as you would like with your given theory.
· Explain how your activities will address each learning style (i.e., visual, audible, and kinesthetic learning styles).
Your presentation must be at least 10 slides in length, not counting the title and reference slides. You are required to use at least one outside source and to utilize the notes section within PowerPoint. Within the notes section, include additional explanations for each slide. As you create your presentation, keep in mind that you are presenting for executives at your organization. All sources used, including the required unit resources, must be cited and referenced according to APA guidelines.
For the Unit III Essay, imagine you are the lead trainer for a global organization. Through data analytics and observations, you have noticed that employees across the organization do not share their knowledge with one another, whether that be from skills trainings they recently completed to general knowledge that could enhance the capabilities of the organization. This is a big issue for the chief executive officer (CEO), and the head of human resources (HR) has asked you to come up with solutions to address the issue. Within your essay, provide the information below.
· Give three reasons as to why employees do not share knowledge.
· Give three solutions that your organization can incorporate to encourage knowledge sharing among employees.
· Discuss the benefits that each solution offers and how each solution promotes knowledge sharing.
For this essay, create a fictitious company name and location, and make your suggestions specific to that company. In the introduction, give the company name and location and some brief background information about the company and industry. Feel free to choose any industry (e.g., technology, manufacturing, or advertising) that interests you, and add any details that you think are necessary for your essay.
Your essay must be at least two pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. You are required to use at least one outside source to support your explanation. All sources used, including required unit resources, must be cited and referenced according to APA guidelines.
Research the databases in the Online Library, and locate an article for a critique that covers effective training delivery methods for adult learners. The article must be at least four pages in length and published within the last 7 years. Be sure to cover the topics below in your critique.
· Identify and explain the author's main ideas. Begin your critique of the article with an introduction that defines the subject of your critique and your point of view.
· Based on the research in your chosen article, what is the one factor that has a direct and positive impact on knowledge retention, and why?
· Describe the three-step process for training adaptation and delivery. Does the author cover this process in your article? If not, do you think the author’s method would benefit from including this process? Explain your rationale.
· What is the importance of employee-driven content?
· To appeal to adult learners, what do delivery methods need to include, and why?
Your article critique must be at least two pages in length and use at least two outside sources, one of which must be the article you are critiquing. Adhere to APA style when constructing this assignment, and use in-text citations and references for all sources that are used. Please note that no abstract is needed.