due Jan 16
Module 4: Discussion 2
APPLYING STRATEGIES FOR CHANGE
Once the need for change has been identified and planning begins to enact it, educational and community leaders must apply strategies for successful implementation. As Fullan (2016) notes, proposed change is often made more complicated than it needs to be, and the most effective approach requires that, among other factors, strategies should be focused, memorable, and actionable. Consider the scenario you developed for this module’s Discussion 1. What strategy would most effectively support the changes involved? How would you lead the change process?
For this Discussion, you will apply evidence-based strategies for leading change to a scenario based on your community and specialization.
· Review your Module 4 Discussion 1 scenario, the data associated with your scenario, and the resulting dialogue in the Discussion forum.
· Review the assigned Fullan (2016) chapters for this module as well as chapters from previous modules. Reflect on the various strategies Fullan presents for addressing educational change. How might those strategies address the issue present in your scenario?
Assignment Task Part 1
Write an 1 ½ page explanation of the two strategies from Fullan (2016) that would most effectively address the issue in your scenario for Discussion 1. Then, explain how each strategy targets the problem you identified and how change will occur as a result of implementing each strategy. Be sure to support your explanation with reference to the data associated with your scenario.
For this Discussion, and all scholarly writing in this course and throughout your program, you will be required to use APA style and provide reference citations.
Assignment Task Part 2
Read a selection of your colleagues’ posts.
Respond to at least two colleagues in a 150 word response each of the following:
· who have identified a different strategy by offering a rationale for or against their selected strategy.
· Support your response with specific reference to the Learning Resources, research, and prior professional experiences.
· For this Discussion, and all scholarly writing in this course and throughout your program, you will be required to use APA style and provide reference citations.