General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard ( WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
· Discuss the reasons and methods of governments' intervention in trade (CLO: 1.2)
· Analyze the effects of culture, politics and economic systems in the context of international business (CLO: 2.1)
· Carry out effective self-evaluation through discussing economic systems in the international business context (CLO: 3.6)
Select a Saudi company that operates in any of the GULF countries, and write a (minimum of 2000 word) report covering the following points (Citation of necessary references is required):
1. Present the study report with clear Introduction and Conclusion including your own views. (minimum words: 500, marks: 3)
2. Using SWOT analysis, analyze the external and internal environment of your selected company. (minimum words: 900, marks: 7)
Strengths: Explain the strengths of the selected company;
Weaknesses: Describe the areas of weakness in the company's operations;
Opportunities: Examine factors that may improve the company's chances of success;
Threats: Discuss the external threats to the business company's success.
3. Analyze the political, economic, cultural and legal challenges the company currently faces in any of the country it operates (select one country in which the company operates for this analysis). (minimum words: 600, marks: 5)