For the Module 2 SLP assignment, you will continue to apply the concepts from the background materials (Holsinger & Carlton, 2018, Chapter 4; Thompson & Glasø, 2018) to your own experiences in the workplace. Think carefully about Hersey and Blanchard’s Situational Leadership model and the four leadership styles of Directing, Coaching, Supporting, and Delegating. Then consider the styles of one or more of the supervisors you have worked with, and reflect upon whether or not their style changed depending on the situation.
After doing some reflecting on your own experiences, and reviewing the background materials, write a 2 full-page paper (excluding title and references pages) addressing the following issues:
1. Which of these levels best describes the developmental level of your supervisor’s full team?
2. How would you describe the tasks required of your supervisor’s full team? Are they structured or unstructured?
3. Overall, how well does your supervisor’s leadership style match with the developmental level of their team and the characteristics of the team’s tasks? Consider the Situational Leadership model for developmental level and the Path-Goal model for task characteristics in your answer.
4. Conclude with recommendations for how your supervisor could change their leadership style?
SLP Assignment Expectations
1. Your SLP should be at least 2 pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
2. Be sure to cite and reference (using APA Style) a minimum of 2 scholarly sources listed in the Course Materials and Bibliography (Module 2 Required and Optional Reading List), or in the Module 2 Background Page: Required and Optional Readings. Upload your paper to the SLP 2 Dropbox before the assignment due date.