©2011 Monica L. Forret
Network Diagram Exercise
1. Write your name in the center circle.
2. What is one career goal you have set for yourself?
3. In the circles provided, write the names of groups and/or significant individuals to whom
you are directly connected (e.g., professional association) that could help you achieve
that goal. Add additional circles if needed.
4. Draw lines connecting the circles if members of each circle know one another.
Based on your network diagram:
1. Are there additional groups or significant individuals who should be in your network?
2. Do most of the people in your circles know one another, or do you have plenty of
opportunities to receive unique information?
3. How diverse are the members of your circles in terms of factors such as gender, age, race,
expertise, and occupation?