· Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide. Consider how neurocognitive impairments may have similar presentations to other psychological disorders.
· Review the Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation template, which you will use to complete this Assignment.
· By Day 1 of this week, select a specific video case study to use for this Assignment from the Video Case Selections choices in the Learning Resources. View your assigned video case and review the additional data for the case in the “Case History Reports” document, keeping the requirements of the evaluation template in mind.
· Consider what history would be necessary to collect from this patient.
· Consider what interview questions you would need to ask this patient.
· Identify at least three possible differential diagnoses for the patient.
BY DAY 7 OF WEEK 10
Complete and submit your Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation, including your differential diagnosis and critical-thinking process to formulate primary diagnosis. Incorporate the following into your responses in the template:
· Subjective: What details did the patient provide regarding their chief complaint and symptomology to derive your differential diagnosis? What is the duration and severity of their symptoms? How are their symptoms impacting their functioning in life?
· Objective: What observations did you make during the psychiatric assessment?
· Assessment: Discuss the patient’s mental status examination results. What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses with supporting evidence, listed in order from highest priority to lowest priority. Compare the DSM-5-TR diagnostic criteria for each differential diagnosis and explain what DSM-5-TR criteria rules out the differential diagnosis to find an accurate diagnosis. Explain the critical-thinking process that led you to the primary diagnosis you selected. Include pertinent positives and pertinent negatives for the specific patient case.
· Reflection notes: What would you do differently with this client if you could conduct the session over? Also include in your reflection a discussion related to legal/ethical considerations (demonstrate critical thinking beyond confidentiality and consent for treatment!), health promotion and disease prevention taking into consideration patient factors (such as age, ethnic group, etc.), PMH, and other risk factors (e.g., socioeconomic, cultural background, etc.).
DIFFERENT CASE STUDIES (SELECT ONE)
Select one of the following videos to use for your Assignment this week. Then, access the document “Case History Reports” and review the additional data about the patient in the specific video number you selected.
· Symptom Media. (Producer). (2017). [Video]. https://go.openathens.net/redirector/waldenu.edu?url=https://video.alexanderstreet.com/watch/training-title-48
· Symptom Media. (Producer). (2017). [Video].
USE THESE CASE HISTORIES TO SUPPLEMENT THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PATINETS IN THE VIDEO CASE STUDIES.
Week 10 Neurocognitive and Neurodevelopmental Disorders Training Title 48 Name: Sarah Higgins Gender: female Age: 11 years old T- 97.4 P- 58 R 14 98/62 Ht 4’5 Wt 65lbs Background: no history of treatment, developmental milestones met on time, vaccinations up to date. Sleeps 9-10hrs/night, meals are difficult as she has hard time sitting for meals, she does get proper nutrition per PCP. she has a younger brother. lives with her parents in Washington, D.C. No hx of head trauma. Symptom Media. (Producer). (2017). Training title 48 [Video]. https://go.openathens.net/redirector/waldenu.edu?url=https://video.alexanderstreet.com/watch/training-title-48
Training Title 50 Name: Harold Brown Gender: male Age:60 years old T- 98.8 P- 74 R 18 134/70 Ht 5’10 Wt 170lbs Background: Has bachelor’s degree in engineering. He dates casually, never married, no children. Has one younger brother. Sleeps 7 hours, appetite good. Denied legal issues; MOCA 28/30 difficulty with
attention and delayed recall; ASRS-5 21/24; denied hx of drug use; enjoys one scotch drink on the weekends with a cigar. Allergies Dilaudid; history HTN blood pressure controlled with Cozaar 100mg daily, angina prescribed ASA 81mg po daily, valsartan 80mg daily. Hypertriglyceridemia prescribed fenofibrate 160mg daily, has BPH prescribed tamsulosin 0.4mg po bedtime. Symptom Media. (Producer). (2017). Training title 50 [Video]. https://go.openathens.net/redirector/waldenu.edu?url=https://video.alexanderstreet.com/watch/training-title-50