CHANGE IMPLEMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT PLAN
It is one of the most cliché of clichés, but it nevertheless rings true: The only constant is change. As a nursing professional, you are no doubt aware that success in the healthcare field requires the ability to adapt to change, as the pace of change in healthcare may be without rival.
As a professional, you will be called upon to share expertise, inform, educate, and advocate. Your efforts in these areas can help lead others through change. In this Assignment, you will propose a change within your organization and present a comprehensive plan to implement the change you propose.
· Review the Resources and identify one change that you believe is called for in your organization/workplace.
· This may be a change necessary to effectively address one or more of the issues you addressed in the Workplace Environment Assessment you submitted in Module 4. It may also be a change in response to something not addressed in your previous efforts. It may be beneficial to discuss your ideas with your organizational leadership and/or colleagues to help identify and vet these ideas.
· Reflect on how you might implement this change and how you might communicate this change to organizational leadership.
The Assignment (5-6-minute narrated PowerPoint presentation):
Change Implementation and Management Plan
Create a 5- or 6-slide narrated PowerPoint that presents a comprehensive plan to implement changes you propose.
Your narrated presentation should be 5–6 minutes in length.
Your Change Implementation and Management Plan should include the following:
· An executive summary of the issues that are currently affecting your organization/workplace (This can include the work you completed in your Workplace Environment Assessment previously submitted, if relevant.)
· A description of the change being proposed
· Justifications for the change, including why addressing it will have a positive impact on your organization/workplace
· Details about the type and scope of the proposed change
· Identification of the stakeholders impacted by the change
· Identification of a change management team (by title/role)
· A plan for communicating the change you propose
· A description of risk mitigation plans you would recommend to address the risks anticipated by the change you propose
Alternate Submission Method
You may also use Kaltura Personal Capture to record your narrated PowerPoint. This option will require you to create your PowerPoint slides first. Then, follow the Personal Capture instructions outlined on the page. This page will walk you through downloading the tool and help you become familiar with the features of Personal Capture. When you are ready to begin recording, you may turn off the webcam option so that only "Screen" and "Audio" are enabled. Start your recording and then open your PowerPoint to slide show view. Once the recording is complete, follow the instructions found on the "Posting Your Video in the Classroom Guide" found on the Kaltura Media page for instructions on how to submit your video. For this option, in addition to submitting your video, you must also upload your PowerPoint file which must include your speaker notes.
· Broome, M., & Marshall, E. S. (2021). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
· Chapter 4, “Practice Model Design, Implementation, and Evaluation” (pp. 99–154)
· Cullen, L., & Adams, S. L. (2012). . Journal of Nursing Administration, 42(4), 222–230.
· Pollack, J., & Pollack, R. (2015). . Systemic Practice and Action Research, 28(1), 51-66.
· Seijts, G. H., & Gandz, J. (2016). . Business Horizons, 61(2), 239-249.
· Tistad, M., Palmcrantz, S., Wallin, L., Ehrenberg, A., Olsson, C. B., Tomson, G., …Eldh, A. C. (2016). Developing leadership in managers to facilitate the implementation of national guideline recommendations: A process evaluation of feasibility and usefulness. , 5(8), 477–486. doi:10.15171/ijhpm.2016.35. Retrieved from
· TEDx. (2013, January). [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owU5aTNPJbs
Class, for your audio/video You can use whatever medium you want but I have to be able to open it when you upload it for me to be able to grade it. If I can't see or hear it, you will have to do it over again. Therefore, I always recommend you use the easiest form of media. You don't need to get fancy unless you are sure I can open it. Also, all I require is audio with each slide. You may add video with each slide if you like but it is not required. There is no limit on the slides, but I recommend you use the bullet points listed in the previous announcement or the criteria for the assignment found in module 5 as your guide for what to put on each slide. That is about 8-10 slides. Remember there should not be a narrative on the slides. Just phrases and bullet points that are either addressed in your presentation and or in the speaker notes provided on each slide. Remember this is not a dissertation. The guidelines require only a 5–6-minute presentation.