Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, review your instructors initial forum post, and watch Please note that the video selected for this week is dense and may be difficult to understand upon first viewing. You are encouraged to watch the video more than once over the course of several days to better understand the conversation in more depth.
As a scholarly member of the psychological community, you will be expected to engage in philosophical conversations on the nature of psychopathology and changes in the mind. This interactive assignment is an opportunity to have a philosophical conversation with your instructor and classmates on positive psychology and the nature of psychological suffering.
For your posts in this forum, note that the main topic is the nature of psychopathology and changes in the mind. In your initial post, include the following:
- Reflect on the video, , and share your thoughts with the class.
- What is your understanding of the nature of the mind?
- Describe healthy mental functioning.
- What leads to changes in ones mental state to the point that psychopathology (unhealthy mental functioning)
- is demonstrated?
- What is the relationship between the mind and other aspects of the human (e.g., body, personality, spirit, family, community, society, etc.)?
- Include one graphic (e.g., image, picture, drawing, table, chart) to depict your understanding of the relationship between the mind and other aspects of the human.
- How does culture impact ones understanding of the mind and ones understanding of mental health?
- Comment on the use of diagnostic manuals and handbooks including how they may limit our understanding of psychopathology.