Understanding the Role of the Registered Practical Nurse
Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) work in a variety of settings and are valued members of the health care team. Understanding the role of the RPN within a chosen specialty will provide students with an introductory understanding of the RPN scope of practice and role clarity.
Aims of the Paper:
· To explain and discuss the concept of scope of practice.
· To explore the role of the RPN
· in a chosen specialty.
· To discuss the concept of client centered care and how it is applied in the chosen specialty.
· To develop scholarly writing skills.
· Be written in APA format 7th edition with citations and references according to APA @ Conestoga
· Be no more than 3 pages (not including title page or references). The paper will not be marked beyond the paper limits.
· Have a title page, headers and page numbers
· Paper should have an introduction and conclusion
· Be in Ariel 12 font, double-spaced
· Submitted electronically on the course shell.
· Turn-it-in enabled on shell.
· Explain the term scope of practice and the importance of understanding your scope of practice as a Registered Practical Nurse.
· Explore ONE of the listed specialties where RPN’s practice.