Social (pragmatic) communication disorder
Create a study guide for your assigned disorder. Your study guide should be in the form of an outline with references, and you should incorporate visual elements such as concept maps, charts, diagrams, images, color coding, mnemonics, and/or flashcards. Be creative! It should not be in the format of an APA paper. Your guide should be informed by the DSM-5-TR but also supported by at least three other scholarly resources.
Areas of importance you should address, but are not limited to, are:
· Signs and symptoms according to the DSM-5-TR
· Differential diagnoses
· Development and course
· Considerations related to culture, gender, age
· Pharmacological treatments, including any side effects
· Nonpharmacological treatments
· Diagnostics and labs
· Legal and ethical considerations
· Pertinent patient education considerations
· Abnormal brain development or damage at an early age can lead to neurodevelopmental disorders. Within this group of disorders, some are resolvable with appropriate and timely interventions, either pharmacological or nonpharmacological, while other disorders are chronic and need to be managed throughout the lifespan.
· For this Assignment, you will develop a study guide for an assigned disorder and share it with your colleagues
· Dillon, K. (2019, March 23). . [Video].
YouTube. https:// to an external site.
· The National Center for Learning Disabilities. (2013, February 20). [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/0Wz7LdLFJVMLinks to an external site.
· Osmosis. (2017, October 17). [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/x2hWVgZ8J4A
· Hilt, R. J., & Nussbaum, A. M. (2016). . American Psychiatric Association Publishing.
· Chapter 12, “Developmental Milestones”Links to an external site.
· Thapar, A., Pine, D. S., Leckman, J. F., Scott, S., Snowling, M. J., & Taylor,
E. A. (2015). Rutter’s child and adolescent psychiatry (6th ed.). Wiley Blackwell.
· Chapter 51, “Autism Spectrum Disorder”
· Chapter 55, “ADHD and Hyperkinetic Disorder”
· Utah State University. (n.d.). . https:// to an external site.
· Walden University. (2020). . https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/academic-skills- center/skills/tutorials/success-strategiesLinks to an external site.
· Zakhari, R. (2020). The psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner certification review manual. Springer.
· Chapter 13, “Child/Adolescent Neurodevelopmental Disorders
i. Create a study guide, in outline form with references, for your assigned disorder. Incorporate visual elements such as concept maps, charts, diagrams, images, color coding, mnemonics, and/or flashcards.
ii. Content areas of importance you should address, but are not limited to, are:• Signs and symptoms according to the DSM-5-TR• Differential diagnoses• Incidence• Development and course• Prognosis• Considerations related to culture, gender, age• Pharmacological treatments, including any side effects• Nonpharmacological treatments• Diagnostics and labs• Comorbidities•
Legal and ethical considerations• Pertinent patient education considerations.
iii. Support your guide with references to the DSM-5-TR and at least three evidence-based, peer- reviewed journal articles or evidenced-based guidelines. Be sure they are current (no more than 5 years old).
iv. Written Expression and Formatting – English Writing Standards: Correct grammar, mechanics, and proper punctuation.
v. Written Expression and Formatting – The guide follows correct APA format for parenthetical/narrative in-text citations and reference list.