I must have ORIGINAL work only!!! PLEASE read and follow all instructions
2 1/2 pages
Sharing Bad News
The company you work for has experienced a significant reduction in revenue leading the company to employee layoffs. You are one of several managers who manage a small team (5 people) that works directly with a small group of clients and have been notified that two people from your team are being laid off. Obviously, this will impact how your teams functions. The remaining team members will need to take on the work of the two employees who are no longer there. The clients your team works with will be assigned to new employees. And those employees will now be managing more clients than they did previously. Your job is to create a communication to the remaining employees on your team to make them aware of the changes, and a communication to the clients to make them aware that they will be working with a new employee.Submit a Word document in which you complete each of the items below:
- Develop a clear communication to the employees that provides them with the information they need to know in order to continue to do their work at the highest level. The communication should also consider the impact of this news on employees and make every effort to be thoughtful and as transparent as possible within the communication.
- Identify what form of communication medium is most appropriate (phone call, email, face-to-face, or other medium) at the beginning of the communication to the employees.
- Address the communication in a way that indicates whether or not this will be to each individual employee on your team or your entire group of remaining team members.
- Develop a communication to the clients to provide them with the information they need going forward in working with the business. The communication should consider how this news will be perceived by the client and attempt to be thoughtful and transparent as possible within the communication.
- Identify what form of communication medium is most appropriate (phone call, email, face-to-face, or other medium) at the beginning of the communication to the clients.
- Address the communication in a way that indicates whether or not this will be to each individual client or all of the clients your team works with.
Note: If you choose a phone call or face-to-face meeting, your submission will be the written transcript of that communication. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Construct communications for relevant stakeholders following a challenging business situation.