Terrorist Organization, Purpose, and Structure
As you have learned in this unit, terrorism has a direct impact on the social structure of an organized society. Further, terrorism focuses on disrupting the very basis of government structure and societal structure. The organization and structure of domestic and international terrorist groups vary from one nation to another. Each individual terrorist group has different motives and views as it pertains to terrorism.
Your essay should address the following:
· Summarize the background of the terrorist organization, its purpose, and structure.
· Explain the political, religious, and ideological views and motivations.
· Which definition or definitions of terrorism most closely fit your chosen terrorist organization?
· Discuss if the organization identifies with left wing views, right wing views, or other political ideology and why.
· Expand on the impact that right- and/or left-wing extremism has on terrorism.
A comprehensive list of foreign terrorist organizations can be found on the .
Your essay must be at least 500 words in length using size 12-point, Times New Roman font, and double-spaced. Use APA style guidelines to format in-text citations for all quoted and paraphrased material. Title and reference pages are required; an abstract is not required. Title and reference pages do not count towards the minimum length requirements.