Your initial post should read approximately 250 to 350 words in length and include at least one citation from the bibliography of your textbook chapter, with the accompanying reference in APA format. To receive the maximum points, your post should include a reference from the textbook, an article of your choosing, and one of this weeks ancillary readings.
Out of the strategies you read about, which one would you be most likely to use with athletes to manage their anxiety, and why?
- Retrieve one article/citation from the chapter bibliography that was referenced to make this point
- Apply what you learned from reading this additional article
- Address how reading this additional article built upon this major point from the text
- Discuss contradictory information from the article to the texts main point
- Follow APA guidelines
Williams, J. M., & Krane, V. (Eds.). (2021). Applied sports psychology: Personal growth to peak performance (8th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
- Chapter 10: Increasing Awareness for Sport Performance
- Chapter 11: Goal Setting for Peak Performance
- Chapter 12: Understanding and Managing Stress in Sport
- Chapter 13: Using Imagery as a Mental Training Tool in Sport