Individual motivations can vary greatly from one person to another; therefore, inspiring and motivating a group of individuals can be difficult and is often thought of as needing a multifaceted approach. Management should provide clarity and communicate the organization’s goals. It is also imperative that each staff member understands how they and other employees contribute to the overall outcomes set forth by the organization and their strategic plan. Other tools that management can employ to provide motivation center on over-reach processes; in other words, how the positive outcomes of the organization contribute to the community. Additionally, it is often suggested that management provide employee recognition in areas such as meeting or exceeding industry benchmarks. It is recommended that management implement a variety of concepts and approaches to enhance employee motivation. The process should not be thought of as a one size fits all.
In this discussion forum, you will reflect on the overall importance of motivation as it relates to management by addressing the following in your initial post:
· Analyze the benefits of having a fully motivated staff as well as the potential consequences of not having a motivated staff.
· Give at least two examples of factors that motivate staff as well as factors that demotivate staff.
· Discuss extrinsic and intrinsic factors that influence whether valuable employees stay or leave the organization.
· Give two examples of why employees will stay and two examples of why employees leave an employer.
· Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of at least two leadership theories that are used to motivate employees. Leadership theories were covered in Chapter 2 from Week 1 as well as Chapter 8 assigned readings this week.
· Explain how the application of the chosen theories and the communication methods of each might be perceived by an employee of one of the following categories: a specific race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, generation, or that of an employee with a disability.
· NOTE: This portion of the discussion is intended for you to understand the perspective of other people. Your discussion contribution must be modeled in a professional manner and avoid use of stereotypes.
Your initial post must be at least 300 words and must use at least one credible source to support your discussion content.