Week 3 Discussion: The Literature Review and Searching for Evidence (graded
This week's graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
· CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
· CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
· CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 & 8)
· During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
· Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
· Posts in the discussion on two different days
· Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
· Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
· Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
· Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
· Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
· Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
· Best Practices include:
· Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
· Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
· Select different classmates for your reply each week.
You must access the following article to answer the questions:
Boyle, D. K., & Thompson, S.A. (2020). CMSRNs' continuing competence methods and perceived value of certification: A descriptive study. MEDSURG Nursing, 29(4), 229-254.
1. Locate the literature review section. Summarize using your own words from one of the study/literature findings. Be sure to identify which study you are summarizing.
2. Discuss how the author’s review of literature (studies) supported the research purpose/problem. Share something that was interesting to you as you read through the literature review section.
3. Describe one strategy that you learned that would help you create a strong literature review/search for evidence. Share your thoughts on the importance of a thorough review of the literature.