Week 4 Assignment – Software Development Plan
Your team has been tasked with delivering a Section 508-validated application for U.S. Department of Homeland Security field officers to check potential immigrants for connections to criminal or terrorist behavior. This application must meet these requirements:
· Conform with Section-508 accessibility guidelines.
· Allow wireless real-time bidirectional data transfer and database queries with secure servers.
· Have a secure login and, after two minutes of non-use, have autolocking that reactivates a secure login.
· Allow for officers working on any day and at any time in offices, from vehicles, and on foot along the U.S. border and in cities across the country.
In Week 2, you defined how you will determine user applicability and needs. This week, you will map out a plan for your project.
Create a 2–3-page software development plan for the application you are developing. Include the following:
· List 8–10 steps the project will follow from proposal to post-implementation stages for proper design of the application. Be sure to account for all application constraints in the project planning steps.
· Explain the outcome, process, and resources involved in accomplishing each step. Incorporate at least 3 credible and relevant resources to support your statements.
· Create a Gantt chart that includes each step in the process, the resources involved, and the estimated duration of time it will take to complete each step. It is recommended that you use Microsoft Excel to create your chart. You may copy and paste it into your software development plan document or submit a separate file.
· Remember, your audience is your company’s IT executive. Your writing should be professional and free of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.