Week 4 Discussion: Designs – A Plan to Study for the Truth (graded)
· Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
· Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
· Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
· Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
· Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
· Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
· Best Practices include:
· Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
· Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
· Select different classmates for your reply each week.
This week we learned how research designs are different and help us to objectively study nursing problems; the key is to decide which type of research and design will serve the purpose or intent to find a solution. After completing Week 4 readings and lesson, answer the following:
· Reflect on your learning about Quantitative and Qualitative research; share two ways that helped you understand how they are different.
· Choose one category of study design that you found interesting and describe; include what you learned about the design and how you believe it can help study nursing problems.
· Refer back to your clinical nursing priority problem and evidence you located for your week 3 assignment: The nursing-evidenced practice (NEBP) committee has requested for you to make a recommendation to the team: Describe the type of research and the design that you believe would be the best way to study your problem. Discuss your rationale.